Monday 17 May 2010

Magnolia-licious Highlites Sketch Challenge

Evening!!

Well what a lovely day it has been with the sun shining......I spent my afternoon making this Edwin for the Magnolia-licious challenge.  It is the first sketch I have ever followed and am really pleased with how it turned out.



I coloured him with my copics, Warm Grays and E40-50's. The edge of edwin is made using inkdusters with Tim Holtz Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen.  I had real fun making this...it ended up getting larger and larger so it became 8x8.  I am hoping to make my other half a graduation album for the summer so this may well be my front page.

I'd love to know what you all think, also here is a link to the challenge







 
 Just having some photo shop fun!!














Best Wishes to you all

10 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

You did an excellent job Alex! Edwin looks very manly and I love the cord and tassels you used. The ribbon buckle is a wonderful addition also! Wonderful work...

Denise M said...

Love the way you colored Edwin! And your card is gorgeous. Great job!

Leonie said...

O fantastic take on the sketch Alex! Love the scroll work in the corner and the tassel. Reminds me a bit of an old library and with Edwin sitting on his books..just perfect!
Hugs Leonie

Suzanne J Dean said...

Very nice--very masculine and vintage and great embellishments!

hugz,
Suzanne

Deeanna said...

Love it.. I so love little edwin ..

Silvie Z said...

Hi Alex, you made a wonderful card! Gorgeous layout and the embellishment are beautiful!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Christine Riley said...

This is so cool, what a neat card! Love the color scheme. I love to read so this card hits home for me :)
Hugs, Christine

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous masculine card. Love the vintage and elegancy of this and Edwin is so handsome!
Hugs,
Cabio

Becky said...

Alex! It is so fantastic to see you posting again. And my oh my what beautiful stuff you are doing. You seem really really happy and I am sooo glad of that!

Becca Feeken said...

What a sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with the May Magnolia-licious Sketch. We'll throw your name in the hat!