Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!!

Hi Everyone!

I am so ashamed looking at the date of my last post but soooo much has happened.  I have only one new years resolution and that is to create once a fortnight, and blog too. My little minnie has grown up so much, she has been very poorly but we are back on the way up (fingers crossed).  We now have a cat (Piston) and a dog (Diesel) - pictures to follow! - we moved house at the beginning of December, which now means my craft things can now be unpacked after nearly 18months in their boxes.  I now have a Mummy lounge!! Its getting there slowly, I have a few pictures to share so far and more on the way.  I have a new iMac on my birthday wish list.  Oh! I have started learning mandarin and am also doing a degree!!

The house is amazing, for those historians amongst you it was built in 1613 and the whole village is owned by the family of Princess Diana, and was their family estate back in the 17th Century until they had to move out in the civil war and they never came back, my new craft space looks out onto what is left of the old manor house; a spectacular view!! For those who hae known me a long time they would never think for me to live on a farm! Wellies, dog n' all!!

So welcome to Church Farm........


Here is the entrance hall leading to my new spectacular space:

And the room before......

The door on the left leads to an old archway and one the right leads to what was the meat smoking room which now houses my wool stash (whilst I couldnt stamp I took up knitting), still complete with the meat hooks which are great for hanging skeins.



We also have a murial room with a pilgrims scene all the way around....
An old dairy as a laundry room......
And a LIBRARY as a family room!!!......
Now for my assistant to guide you around the stamping room...... (using her own camera as mummys is still packed!)......we will have to save this for a later post as Mummy can't find the cable to plug in the camera!! Just gives me more time to tidy it up!!

Hope you are all well and best wishes for 2012....


5 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Your new home is gorgeous. So much character and charm. The rooms look bright and airy and perfect for just about anything. Can't wait to see the photos of how you set up your crafting room. Best wishes for a wonderful New Year...hugs...Barb

DJ said...

Awesome house!!! You are so lucky to have such beautiful surroundings to create in. I can't wait for your next posting. Good luck unpacking and getting settled in.

Karen said...

What an awesome house! How exciting. Enjoy setting up your new crafting room. Happy New Year!

Karen

kat said...

Exactly what I would imagine an English cottage to look like. Thanks for posting the pics of the inside.

Sharon said...

Oh my word, that is a dream house to live in. You're so lucky. Such beautiful countryside too.