Wednesday 18 January 2012

It's been a challenge

Hi Everyone

As part of my making time to create my aim is to get on a design team this year and enter at least a challenge a month, well I can't work for the next few days as i'm having some tests done so i have been creating.  I had a bit of a shopping spree last weekend and "my boys" also spent his weekend assisting me change around and install my new furniture into my room (well more supervising whilst doing Lego and playing Forza)....

At least my room is being put to good use (Vodka Martini and all!!)...don't tell them I managed to sneak a photo of the hive of industry!

I have also trusted the cat into my room, the dog still has to wait outside far too many goodies for him to chew and he's not quite housetrained. But Piston loves to sit on the sofa by the fire and watch my creations.....

Diesel (the puppy) may be allowed in soon, and one day he will sit still long enough to have his picture taken!! Anyway onto my creating I have been playing about with some new techniques and stencils....

I will keep this in my stash until I find the right project for it.  I have also made my first challenge card and would like to enter it for the following:

 Stamp:Angel with heart from Magnolia
Papers: SU Cardstock (black and white), matting papers from my stash
Coloured with Copics (Warm and Toner Grays)
Ribbon: Stampin' Up
Dies: Nesties and Paper Artsy flowers
Accessories: Magnolia Flowers and Stickles

I have coloured a monochrome Tilda with Copics which took a couple of attempts to get her how I wanted her but I am now really pleased with it.  The mounting took a while and its not how I imagined it to come out but I think the result is nice with just picking out red from the black/white/monochrome theme just to give it some interest.

Here she is up close:

I'd love to know what you think.

Hugs



17 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Alex,
Your card is awesome! I hope all goes well for you.

Karen

Regina said...

Alex!! I love it!! The colors are great and your coloring is amazing!!

Cathy Lee said...

Cute card, Alex. Nice Monochromatic.

Kelly said...

very nicely colored, I find it hard to do the black and white, I am just learning. Your card is really cute.

EnblogSail said...

That's a really cute angel! May God heal and strengthen you:)
Caryl

Becky said...

this is a fantastic card!

hugs, becky

brenda said...

A super card Alex.

Thanks so much for joining our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope you will join us again.

B x

Rene said...

On first glance, I thought your card said "Dell" at the bottom! LOL!
Your card is fabulous! I love the black and white theme...and your layout is great!!!
Rene :D

Sylvia said...

Great and lovely card! I love your coloring.
xxxSylvia

cathylynn said...

Your card is beautiful!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elle said...

THat's darling. I love the black and white with the touches of red.

Crafteezee said...

Love the monotone colouring, hope you feel better soon.
Hugs Tracy x

Eulanda said...

Oh this is pretty!! I love the flower too. Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week. Hugs!

sara said...

really sweet card love the splash of red thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week
hugs sara x

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet card Alli. Thank you so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Color Challenge and please join us again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sally H said...

such a fabulous tag and your card is lovely too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Ruth said...

Such a lovely monochromatic tag. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)