Friday 5 December 2008

Inspired by colour not shapes

This weeks inspiration challenge over at Utah Divas blog is the beautiful snowflake stamps, I was actually looking at these in the post office and up close you can see beautiful purpley/greeny tones on the snowflakes, so I scrapped the card I was making and wasnt too happy with, instead I started playing with the colour combo, I loved how it all started coming together, hoewever, my snowmen weren't stampin up, so I grabbed the only xmas set I bought this year, snow swirled and started playing with the gamsol technique, I don't have a finished card to share yet as i'm still playing with how to finish it but thought I would show you that the inspiration doesn't have to come from the shapes or objects in the picture it can come from the colours, this is the snow swirled tree, it is a little more "funky colours" than i would normally use on a christmas card, but all the same I quite like it,

I thought it looked like a muted alcohol ink technique.

I also tried an inkadinkadoo stamp that I have had for a long time, I am so pleased with it I have decided to turn it into my christmas card design, I'd love to know what you think, I used my precious copics!!


I also started with the blues on my Judikins, you will love this set i've you've never seen it before, I will work on the other angels and show you they are so cute!!


That's it for this week! I am hoping to stamp at the weekend, but never get around to it!! I have 250 christmas cards to make so I must get going!!

5 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

I love the snow swirled set and glad to see you were able to finally try the gamsol technique!
your other cards a beautiful, but i shriek at the thought of doing 250 of them.....YIKES!
thanks for playing this week!

Michelle said...

Oh, what a cool technique! I think the colors you chose are beautiful!

Your Christmas cards are great! I hope you won't have to color all 250 of them, gulp!

Deborah said...

Oh I love your snowmand card. Great coloring.

Candy said...

Hi Alli,
Oh the colours are very nice together and I have always loved them. The tree is great and from a distance certainly looks like alcohol inks! Love the snowpeople. Good luck at making that many in a short time - I am shuddering at the thought. I made 100 and that was enough for me!
My very favourite things are angels. I can hardly wait to see the rest of these ones.

Sandy said...

Oh, they are all so cute! I love how each of them look!!